Job Description – Business Development Representative
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada or Santa Barbara, CA
TrackStreet is looking for a Business Development Representative to generate qualified opportunities and act as a liaison between the Marketing and the Sales teams. This role is focused on lead generation contacting potential clients through outbound “cold calls”, emails and social selling (via LinkedIn and in person, for example, at trade shows, presenting our company to potential clients
Business Development Representatives (BDRs) will generate, contact and nurture, and pass leads that reach qualification criteria to a TrackStreet Sales team member. BDRs do not close business, but will be required to follow up and build relationships with prospects in the funnel until those prospects are ready to engage with Sales.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience developing leads from marketing campaigns and meeting sales quotas. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers, from first contact until you close the deal. You will also ensure proper after-sales service. If you are motivated and results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will boost sales and contribute to TrackStreet’s long-term business growth.
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Contact potential clients through cold calls and emails. Meet all goals for contacts, opportunities created and closed.
- Present our company to potential clients
- Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services. Achieve competency in understanding of product to ensure that pre-sales prospect questions can be answered.
- Score and route leads to appropriate Sales team member.
- Customize product solutions to increase customer satisfaction
- Immediately and accurately input contact and company data into TrackStreet’s Hubspot CRM
- Build long-term trusting relationships with clients
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and Sales team members
- Report to the VP of Marketing on (weekly/monthly/quarterly) sales results. Test and optimize messaging in coordination with Marketing.
- Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Representative, Sales Account Executive or a similar role
- Extroverted personality; willing to engage in multiple scenarios both on phone and in person requiring willful engagement, never quit attitude in order to get to the correct decision maker
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. HubSpot CRM or Salesforce)
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent written and verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or relevant field
- 1-2 years of experience in a Sales or Business Development role preferred.
- Attend trade events and approach qualified prospect companies to inquire about their business and present TrackStreet.
- Travel up to 50% of the time may be required.
Note that these requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
TrackStreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Company sponsored medical / dental / vision insurance
- Personal Time Off
- Career opportunities at a growing Venture Capital funded Start Up that has been featured in the Pacific Coast Business Times, Orange County Business Journal and other publications
- Customer-oriented, supportive culture built on teamwork and mutual respect